Welcome to the 5th African Sign Languages Workshop at the World Congress of African Linguistics (WOCAL) at Leiden University in the Netherlands!
WOCAL 10 is hosted by Leiden University in Leiden, Netherlands in June 2021. It is fully online due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The African Sign Languages Workshop will be held in parallel sessions during the conference, from Monday, June 7th to Saturday June 12th. Registration is required for all attendees, but is free to those from Africa and other attendees on a case-by-case basis (contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org). The languages of the workshop are International Sign and English (in subtitles; presentations may also be voiced in French) .
- Conference registration is now open
- African Sign Languages Workshop Program
- HANDS! Festival on Saturday, June 12, 2021
- Register for HANDS! Festival (separate from conference registration)
- Instructions for workshop presenters on making pre-recorded videos
- Thinking about holding a “hub” viewing party event? See Hubs. There are currently sign language hubs in all these locations! (email us to reach organizers)
- Cape Verde: Pedro Gomes High School in Cabo Verde (Adele Avares)
- Côte d’Ivoire: Université Felix Houphouet-Boigny, salle de Conférence de l’Institut de Linguistique Appliquée (ILA) (Tano Angoua Jean-Jacques & Dibi Koffi Bruno)
- Ethiopia: Addis Ababa University/SIL (Kidane Admasu & Woinshet Girma)
- Ghana: University of Ghana, Legon (Dr. George Akanlig-Pare, Timothy Mac Hadjah, Marco Nyarko)
- Guinea-Bissau: Federação das Associações de Defesa e Promoção dos Direitos das Pessoas com Deficiência na Guiné-Bissau (FADPD-GB) (Amaré Soares)
Please direct questions to email@example.com